The Olive Routes
The Olive routes is a family company based in Androusa Messinias that the last 2 years has successfully designed and provided to the “experience seekers” and visitors, creative olive tours, so as to share the passion for olive oil, nature, tradition and local gastronomy. With more than 900 guests in one year we are looking forward to welcome to our team enthusiastic tour guides.
Tour Guide Job Description
We are seeking a personable, passionate, enthusiastic tour guide to offer to our guests an exceptional experience while participating in our tours and visiting the village of Androusa, the Olive groves and our facility, the Olive oil Mill. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging guests in an informative, fun and interactive manner. You will provide a wealth of information regarding our facility and its history and answer any questions our guests might have to the very best of your ability.
Tour Guide Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all guests promptly at scheduled tour times
- Escort guests through the tour, taking breaks as needed
- Clearly and articulately provide information to guests in an engaging manner
- Answer any questions that the guests have
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of our facility and related topics
- Remain calm, friendly, and enthusiastic at all times
- Deescalate any tension with difficult guests
- Keep the tour moving on schedule while still being considerate to guests
Tour Guide Requirements and Qualifications
- Enthusiastic, engaging, and informative way of speaking
- Passion for learning and willingness to continue to acquire relevant knowledge
- Fluent in English ; bilingual a plus
- Fluent second foreign language (German or French) is a plus
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in customer service and tourism sector is a plus
- University degree in agronomy, food sector and tourism are preferred.
- Ability to memorize and recite facts clearly and accurately
- Basic computer skills, including email and word processing
- Ability to remain calm and collected when dealing with difficult guests
Why work with The Olive Routes?
- Gain experience in agro tourism, one of the most promising tourism sectors.
- Work close to nature, express your passion and meet people from all over the world.
- Be trained in offering unique “experiences” and obtain new skills in relations, time and organizational management.
- Be creative, design your own tour and express your personality.
- Be part of a fast growing company, be part of a team.
If you think that we are looking for you send your CV in the email address firstname.lastname@example.org