- Our meeting point is at the magnificent 13th century castle of Androusa, located in the heart of Messinia, just 20 minutes drive from Kalamata and 10 minutes from Ancient Messene. At this idyllic landscape we talk about the history, the tradition and the mythical story of the castle olive trees…
- The olive grove is our next visit. We walk though the perennial olive trees, we meet local families that harvest their own trees and they teach us how to pick up some olives. Hand picking the olives directly into a basket or with a net is a lifetime experience.
- In the heart of Androusa Village we visit a unique Olive Oil mill that is located there since 1904. The 5th generation owner will explain to us the procedure of the extraction, and we are going to taste directly from the separator fresh and warm extra virgin olive oil.
- Τhe dining table is filled with the special blue olive oil tasting glasses and you are about to become a tasting expert! Taste the extra virgin olive oil of “Koroneiki” Variety and learn about its organoleptic characteristics…recognize the elements that define the extra virgin olive oil …taste different varieties of Greek Extra Virgin Olive oil such us “Manaki”, “Xalkidikis”, “Mavroelia” etc and evaluate them.
- What about food pairing? The extra virgin olive oil of different varieties is matched with traditional recipes including fruits & gourmet small dishes and surprises us.
- Our traditional meal with many local goods such as lalagia, smoked ham (pasto), Kalamata Olives, tzatziki, feta cheese, saganaki cheese, olive paste, salad, hot soup, smoked sausage, local desert, Wine and ouzo is served and it tastes like fresh olive oil.
The history, the soul, the tradition, the gastronomy of Messinia are revealed though the Olive oil paths… enjoy a unique experience in our endless olive groves filled with the wisdom, the flavor and the aroma of Peloponnese.